Recommended for higher intensity workouts!
Weighing just under 1/2 lb, this is a heavy variant of a beaded rope with thicker beads and thick PVC cable core. This ropes adds additional weight to traditional 5mm cable ropes and beaded ropes. Ideal for fitness jumping as the extra weight provides a more intense workout.
- Cord length - 10ft (adjustable to any height)
- 2 inch heavy beads - 7 mm inner diameter and 10mm outer diameter
- Colour - Blue handles, black grip tape with blue and pink beads in true Dope Ropes style!
- High quality shatter proof plastic beads. Hand beaded in the USA
- Circa 200g in weight (just under 1/2 pound!)
- 8" Long handles: Good for adults and freestyle. Unbreakable low-density polyethylene 8" handle (low profile grip tape optional) / 1oz weight (each handle) / .9" diameter at end.
The beaded rope is 10 foot long but can be adjusted to any height. Refer to our sizing guide for general sizing principles. We actually recommend shortening a few inches more than you are comfortable with as this will allow you to learn a stricter jump rope form and hand positioning which will make things a bit harder initially but easier in the long run. To adjust, simply untie the knot holding the nylon cord in place, remove as many beads as you need and then retie the knot to hold in place. Cut off any excess cord. See this video from the our suppliers Buyjumpropes.net which demonstrates adjusting length:
Great quality rope!
The heavy beaded rope is a very cool hybrid. It’s heavy-ish (at 200g it’s about double the standard speed rope) but it’s beaded and with a long handle. The heavy part enhances the cardio workout. You can really feel the difference. The beads and handle enable doing tricks to add variety. The quality is also superb. I jump outdoors (asphalt, cement, dirt) and the beads can take anything you throw at them. I am very pleased with the rope. I would recommend to anyone who wants to crank up a notch the physical conditioning from their jump-rope workout, but still wants to have fun with criss-crosses, EBs, Double-Us, etc.
Had been looking for new ropes, good product.
If you've used a speed rope this does take a bit of adjustment as it revolves slower. You can definitely feel the extra weight.
Only minor gripe is the faff to shorten the rope as the length of the handle makes it awkward to the the crimp pushed into the handle
The heavy rope was easy to adjust in size and definitely does the job :)